Traditional Farming in Nepal.
Description of Placement- This is a placement for people who want to see the hard life of real Nepal, you will get the opportunity to go to a place where the only things have changed over the last hundred years is electricity. Live alongside the family and help them work in the steep terraced fields of the foothills of Nepal. Depending on the season will see you do many different jobs from milking the buffalo to planting rice the old way. It’s not for the faint hearted but it shows the real differences in today’s world.
Placement Location- Our main location for this placement is a village in the foothills of Nepal about 70 Kms North of Kathmandu, it’s a remote place but one you can really get back to nature in. It’s a place where the nearest shop is 4 hours away and everything is done the old fashioned way. If you feel this is remote then we do have more urban areas in Chitwan where you can work including an organic farm.
Accommodation- Will be provided by the local families in the village with each one carefully selected so at least one member of the family speaks good English in order that you can communicate effectively. Also you will find that the local families in the home stay programme have been chosen because they also have good standing in the community and can introduce you to the traditional Nepalese village life.
The Love Company’s Fees: (Euros)
1 to 2 Weeks 250
3 Weeks 325
4 Weeks 400
5 Weeks 445
6 Weeks 490
7 Weeks 540
8 Weeks 600
Each Additional Week 50
The program fee covers
1. Transport to and from the Kathmandu to Pokhara
2. Meal and accommodation (Nepali standard) with host family during placement.
3. Accommodation and main meals during placement.
4. Transportation (pick up and drop off to/from airport and placement)
5. Sight seeing in Kathmandu
The fee does not cover
1. Insurance (medical, travel, personal belongings)
2. Flight or land transportation from your country to Nepal.
3. Personal expenses (i.e. gift items, food in between meals, water)
4. Trekking, rafting, other adventure activities.
5. Visa costs.
6. Medical and Doctor Expenses
Programme timetable- Ongoing.
Time duration- From 2 weeks to 5 months.
Costs- Please contact Wayne Guttridge the international coordinator.
Contact details- email@example.com
Please contact Wayne for more details.