Rescue Widows, Elderly, Youth and Orphans with HIV/AIDS (RWEYOWA) is a non governmental organisation working to curb the further spread of HIV/AIDS and improving the livelihood of those affected/infected with the virus within the community.
What They Say
RWEYOWA welcomes international volunteers in the endeavors to enhance the human resource capacity of the organisation as well as facilitating cross-cultural exchange and eliciting new organisation ideas. Volunteers are welcome to get involved in a wide range of community health and development projects e.g community outreach, HIV counselling and testing, orphan support, HIV/AIDS sensitisation and education, among others.
- Be eighteen years and above
- Be able to speak and write English
- Be willing to volunteer for not less than two weeks
- Have no criminal records
- Be willing to interact with local people of different cultural/religious backgrounds
- Be willing to work under RWEYOWA’s operational principles
We ask volunteers to pay $400 for every month they spend working with RWEYOWA. This is to be paid in full at the start of the volunteer period, either on arrival in Uganda or before the participant leaves their home country. The amount covers all accommodation costs and food for the time spent with RWEYOWA.