Kristy Henderson left her Canadian home in 2001. Since then, she has been volunteering, working, and travelling her way around the world. She now hangs her hat in Kigali, Rwanda. Lucky for us, one of the things that she enjoys doing is sharing information. Her website, Nerdy Nomad, has served as a great resource for travellers and travel bloggers for a number of years.
Kristy’s latest resource is an update of The Underground Guide to International Volunteering. Kristy has compiled an incredible resource for anyone interested in volunteering internationally. This 111 page comprehensive guide covers all areas of the international volunteering world from choosing a volunteer placement to whether you should pay or not. Kristy interviews a number of experienced international volunteers that share their perspectives.
This e-book is definitely one you should check out if you are considering volunteering internationally.
As Kristy says, “The Underground Guide to International Volunteering has been created to help you sort through expensive volunteering placements and the countless organizations in order to find an overseas volunteering placement that is right for you. You can download a PDF copy of this eBook for only $14 and get started on your journey towards becoming a volunteer.
As an experienced volunteer I can tell you what it’s all about, first-hand. I can offer you tips and advice on choosing a placement, give you a heads up on how to choose a reputable organization, share the ethical issues around volunteering, and provide all of this in one place to save you time.
Tap into my knowledge and experience and learn about this amazing world! Volunteering has changed my life for the better and I’d love to share what I know with you and to give you the confidence and tools to become a volunteer.”
The Underground Guide to International Volunteering will:
• Save you loads of time by consolidating online resources, practical advice personal tips and stories, and anything else you could want to know about volunteering all in one place.
• Help you determine whether volunteering is actually something you really want to do.
• Teach you about the various types of volunteering opportunities available worldwide.
• Give you a complete rundown on paid volunteering and help you to figure out if it’s a good fit for you.
• Explain the costs for paid volunteering and compare them with free and cheap options.
• Give you the tools to find your own free and cheap independent volunteering opportunities, including a list of 12 online databases to start your search, each packed with hundreds of opportunities.
• List over 80 organisations worldwide offering free and cheap volunteering placements that are eager for committed volunteers.
• Explain the practicalities of volunteering overseas to help you prepare yourself for your placement.
• Equip you with the confidence to pack your bag and go!
If you are thinking about volunteering abroad and are looking to have some of your questions answered, Kristy’s book is a great place to start.