Latin American Foundation for the Future (LAFF) is a UK-registered charity supporting marginalised children in Peru, and the organisations which work with them. LAFF believes in creating independence, not dependence. This is crucial in their approach.
What they say:
Working to support disadvantaged young people or trekking the Inca Trail? why not do both?! Get the best of both worlds with a volunteering experience where you donate your skills and experience, rather than your money. LAFF are looking for volunteers to come and work with us overseas assisting our International Projects Manager and working with our local partners.
Under the supervision of the Program Manager the Fundraising Coordinator will be expected to carry out the following duties:
- Plan, develop, and carry our LAFF’s fundraising activities.
- Research potential funding opportunities and draft funding proposals with the participation of other LAFF team members, depending on the programme area.
- Ensure all current donors are recognised for their support and are well informed of progress on the ground through timely and relevant reports and updates.
- Launch campaigns encouraging fundraising activities for LAFF’s supporters.
- Manage and develop LAFF’s ambassadors programme.
- Maintain and update a fundraising strategy.
- Ensure that the fundraising practices reflect the priorities, mission and vision of LAFF.
- Network and forge links with relevant stakeholders and organisations (including current and potential donors, companies, trusts, foundations, schools and universities and other supporters) to ensure continued support for existing and new initiatives and the engagement of our supporters in all fundraising activities.
- Ensure that all supporters have regular contact with the young people they are supporting.
LAFF doesn’t ask for payments. But volunteers should take care of all their expenses.
Check out their website for details about how to apply.